One of my goals for 2015: spotlighting & advancing women through a monthly “Fearless Females Forum” feature blog post, a showcase for inspiring women who found the courage to meet their calling, solve a problem, overcome odds, or take a road less traveled.
Wish I could take credit for this idea, but like most great ideas it is inspired by someone else’s work: Ann Quasman at Woman Talk Live.
Last year, the amazing Ann shined a spotlight on me in her WomenTalkLive5: Meet Jone Bosworth. I absolutely love how Ann lifts women’s voices and stories out in this powerful way. (Hats off Ann—hope you feel that imitation is the greatest form of flattery, my friend!)
On December 8th, the terrific Traci Johnstone allowed me to post her story to test out this Fearless Females Forum concept. Traci’s story got an incredible response on social media, inspiring hundreds: Tarnish to Triumph: Traci Johnstone. (Many thanks, Traci, you’re fearless!)
You don’t have to be a CEO. You may not even consider yourself “fearless.” But YOU have a story to tell and guidance to offer too.
Want some inspiration?
Here are links to the first Fearless Females features through May 2015:
Are you ready to share your story? It’s easy!
Answer the Fearless Female Forum 5 Cs, questions that give you a chance to shine and share your wisdom, along with your bio and a picture/image.
Fearless Females Forum 5 Cs
- What’s the most courageous decision you’ve made?
- What choices are most important to you?
- What fears have you conquered?
- What conversation made the most impact on you?
- What do you want women to get clear about?
Submitting Your Fearless Female story
- Include your complete bio and your Fearless Females Forum 5 Cs responses in a Word document. Please do not exceed 550 total words in your 5 Cs responses(your bio can be as long or short as you want to share).
- At the top of your Word document put your name, email address, phone number, and the date submitted.
- Share a picture of you, your logo, or an image you love to go with your feature blog post. If none, we’ll select an image for you.
- Send your document and photo file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We promise to promote your Fearless Females Forum feature on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook. You’re welcome to promote it on other social media venues and to send SEO keywords along with your bio.
- We reserve the right to edit for grammar, punctuation, and word limit if needed.
You Deserve the Spotlight! Yes YOU!
As you help me achieve my “advancing women” goal in this new way, my intention is that you’ll get the spotlight in a way you might not have yet: your story, your thoughts, your business, your problem solved, extraordinary YOU. Questions? Feel free to email me.
Before I go, let me say this: Don’t you dare think for a second you don’t “deserve” to be spotlighted, you DO! Still hesitant? Share this with women you know, admire and find inspiring…their courage in taking the Fearless Females Forum spotlight might give you the courage to step into the light yourself.
Thank you so much!
Feature image from www.dexterdemons.org.